If you are planning to volunteer and/ or coach at St. John Fisher School this year, here are the Safe Environment Requirements:
• New volunteers/coach: Create an account on the Virtus System at www.virtusonline.org
o If this is a new account, you will be assigned the online Protecting God’s Children Training
o Register and attend within 15 days of beginning volunteering.
o If you have a Virtus account from another parish/school, please notify Mary Margaret Redmond to add St. John Fisher School to the existing account.
o If your Protecting God’s Children is older than 2018, you will be assigned the online recertification training, Keeping the Promise Alive (virtusonline.org) done online. (This is a 3-year recertification done online through VRTUS)
• Name-based Criminal Background check by S2Verify submitted in Virtus (virtusonline.org) (1 time requirement/rechecked every three years)
• For paid coaches: Fingerprinting through Accurate Biometrics done for the Archdiocese of Chicago.
• Archdiocesan Standards of Behavior for Church Personnel working with Minors and Vunerable Adults (Formerly Archdiocesan Code of Conduct) read and sign at time of hire and re- acknowledge yearly through VIRTUS (virtusonline.org) done online. (This is done annually every year)
• Completion of a CANTS 689 Form available on school web site (turn in the form to school, DO NOT MAIL) (This is done annually every year)
• Complete the online Mandated Reporter Training. (archchicago.org protection of children to get link for mandated reporter training). We need the certificate and the Acknowledgement [CANTS 22] Form for our records. (Must be redone every 3 years)
These are firm requirements. There will be no exceptions to these requirements. Please act today.
Any questions/concerns please contact Mary Margaret Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org